Monday, May 11, 2009

My first Mother's Day

Yesterday Kevin and I celebrated my first Mother's Day! I completely forgot until a few days before that by becoming parents we would add a few more holidays to our calenders. Kevin made the day really special for me! He cooked me a nice breakfast when we woke up, took me shopping and out for a late lunch in Dothan and then we went to a cookout to make a few more new friends. Ok...so maybe it doesn't sound that exciting but it was SO nice for me to get out of the house for the entire day. I was worn out by the end of it!

It's crazy to think that next year at this time we will have a 10 month old! As the weather down here gets hotter and I get bigger I wish it were July even more. Yesterday it was 90 degrees! Tomorrow we have a doctor's appointment, ultrasound and a baby preparation class in the evening so it will be another exciting day.

Ohh and I forgot...Kevin caught his first fish in Lake Tholocco on Saturday! Actually I think he and his friend caught quite a few. One of them was called an Alligator Gar...google it and see what it looks like. It's freaky! Of course his wasn't very big but it was still a surprise.

Well I am off to do some things around the house. Hope all of the mothers had a wonderful Mother's Day!

PS Congratulations to all of my friends back home that are graduating! I'm so proud of you and I wish that I was closer so I could congratulate you in person.

No comments:

Post a Comment