Thursday, May 21, 2009

30.5 weeks


The past week has been pretty uneventful. The weather has been cool and rainy so that has kept us in the house more than usual. On Sunday we rented a little fishing boat and went out on Lake Tholocco. As we were trying to get off the lake a huge storm blew in and we ended up getting caught in it. I also slipped and fell which was kind of traumatic at the time.

We have been helping one of Kevin's friends plan a bbq for Sunday to celebrate Memorial Day. We rented out a huge pavilion and a ski boat with tubes for the day. Hopefully the weather will turn around before then. Our roommate's wife is also visiting this week which has been nice for me. Andy ended up getting the flu and not being able to come :(.

I have been trying to work hard on getting my Scentsy business up and running but sales have been really slow so far. I have been gathering supplies for a booth and wanted to try them out at a flea market this weekend but it doesn't look like the weather is going to cooperate so we might just go scope it out and plan for next weekend. If you haven't checked out my Scentsy web site yet the link is www.scentsy.com/adriane

The really exciting news to report from the past week is that we booked my Dad's plane ticket to fly down June 5th. He will be helping me drive home and we should arrive on the Sunday of that weekend! I am so excited to come back and visit with everyone. It has been way too long! I will probably stay until around June 22nd. Anyone want to volunteer to drive back down with me? :) :) :)

On a sad note, I heard from my family this morning that my great Uncle Less has passed away. He really held on for a long time, but he is much better off now. It is always sad to hear that you have lost a family member but I think the family agrees that he is in a much better place and is finally free from suffering. I don't think I will be able to make it to Buffalo for his funeral but my thoughts are with everyone else who is able to attend. Rest in Peace!

No comments:

Post a Comment