Monday, January 4, 2010

The blizzard of '09

Here are a few cute pictures I took of Kerriann the day of the Mountaineer basketball game the Saturday before Christmas... sadly later that day we lost power and weren't even able to watch it.  Our power was out from Saturday until Tuesday... Saturday night we were snowed in with nearly a foot of snow on the ground so we were unable to go to a hotel.  Kevin was due to arrive the next day... I had planned to pick him up in Va.  Needless to say I wasn't able to do that so he had to rent a car and drive to us!  When he arrived Sunday night he came bearing gifts of warm food for my family (thanks so much!!!) and rescued Kerriann and I and took us to a hotel.  That night I took a loong hot shower... probably the best shower of my life!  That night Kerriann rolled back to tummy in her sleep for the first time (YAY!).  The next day we drove to Charleston, WV to return Kevin's rental car to the airport and spent the day at the mall so we didn't have to sit in the cold.  That night the power was STILL OUT so we got a hotel room for Monday night as well.  Finally the power returned Tuesday morning and we were all able to be together at my house as a family!

I don't have any pictures from the snow storm because my camera battery died as I was taking the below pictures of Kerriann and without power I wasn't able to charge them.  By the time we had power the snow had pretty much melted!  The entire experience was very humbling... and now I will never forget how thankful I am for the things we take for granted such as electricity and heat!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment