Thursday, October 15, 2009

HELP!

We have now tried almost every bottle on the market and every technique known to man to get Kerriann to accept a bottle of pumped milk.  I LOVE breastfeeding but this is something that we really need her to be able to do on occasion. 

Kerriann ALWAYS wants to eat as soon as dinner is ready and it would be nice to share the task of feeding her so it's not always Mommy starving for an extra half hour.  It would also be very nice to be able to leave her with one of her Grandparents or other family members when we are visiting.  I know they would enjoy being able to share that bond with her as much as Kevin and I would love to have a couple of hours to ourselves :).  I wouldn't be so passionate about this, but with the upcoming trip north for Sean and Alaina's wedding it would be so nice.  I would like to be able to have her take a bottle while waiting for the plane/on the plane just in case.  It would also be great if she got hungry during the wedding or reception (dresses for the most part are NOT breastfeeding friendly!). 

Sigh...if anyone has any ideas please pass them our way!  We have tried Adiri, Playtex Ventaire, Playtex Nursers, Born Free and NUK bottles all with no success.  We have tried Kevin giving her the bottle while I step out of the house for 45 minutes.  I have also tried giving her the bottle.  Warm...cold...it doesn't matter to her.  I'm almost ready to throw in the towel and just accept that she may never take it...but I have never heard of a baby being like this before.  What if something happened to me and she HAD to take a bottle? 

So again...bottle feeding Moms...tips?  Advice?  Suggestions?

On another note...here are a few cute pictures of our little princess from today!  We didn't do much...just hung out around the house and went to Ft Rucker with Kevin to wash his quad.

Oh no you didn't just take a picture of me Mommy!

Getting ready to accidentally flash the camera so I can eat my dress!

Watching tv...one of my favorite pasttimes!


Must have been a boring show...I passed out!


Look how strong I am!


Getting ready to take a ride on Daddy's quad before he sells it!

3 comments:

  1. She is really pretty!

    Have you tried Avent bottles?? They worked great for us because the teat is shaped like a real nipple and boob.

    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. No that's one we haven't tried yet! I'll put it on our list...thanks for the advice! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You might try breastflow bottles too! Chelsea said that they are great because they have a similiar 'let down' like breastfeeding.

    ReplyDelete