Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Home Sweet Home

I am proud to say that I survived the 12 hour car trip home to WV over the weekend! My Dad was nice enough to fly into Pensacola, FL on Friday evening to make the trip back with me. On Saturday morning we had breakfast and gave him a tour of Enterprise and Fort Rucker. We got on the road around 11:30. We drove until about 7:30 that evening and then stopped close to Knoxville, TN for the night (we had to stop in time to see the hockey game of course!). That night I couldn't sleep well, so we got back on the road around 2:30am. It sounds crazy but I am really glad we did it that way. We were back in town by 7:30 Sunday morning. That day I was pretty worn out so I didn't do much but just visit with my family.

Monday I made a trip to Charleston to visit Kaycee who I have missed terribly! Today I will be relaxing and then going to my Dad's for dinner to watch the Pens game. I am hoping to make a trip to Morgantown tomorrow evening but it all depends on how I am feeling. Let me know if you are in the area and would like to get together!

Friday I will be making the trip to Martinsburg with my mom before my first shower with Kevin's family on Saturday afternoon. I can't wait to see everyone! It seems like it has been forever.

Like I said, if you are in WV let me know if you would like to meet up sometime while I am home. I will be around until the 22nd-ish of June. I would love to be able to stay longer but I have to make it home that week for my 35 week check-up!

PS Wish you were here Kevin!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment