Friday, July 31, 2009

40 weeks 5 days

Just wanted to let everyone know that we're STILL waiting on the baby to arrive! We've been trying to stay busy all week but there's still not a lot to do. The weather has been horrible...thunderstorms every day. My mom and Jack have been in New Orleans exploring since Wednesday. I really wish we had gone now that I know I wouldn't have gone into labor while we were there but I know it was better to be safe than sorry. They will be back sometime tonight and then will be making their way back to WV tomorrow afternoon. I'm upset that they weren't able to help us get settled in with the baby but what can you do?

Kevin's parents are flying into Pensacola, FL this afternoon so he is out of town all day to pick them up. I'm a little nervous about being home alone with everyone so far away but hopefully if I go into labor today it will progress slowly. They are staying until next Thursday...it will be so nice to have them in town!

I'm actually pretty excited that I will most likely have an August baby now. My birthday is August 27 so it has always been my favorite month :). My doctor has scheduled me for an induction on Monday but I'm still not sure if I am going to chicken out and reschedule for later in the week. I really want a natural birth and I just can't help but wonder if I will go into labor on my own if I have a few more days. We will see how things go over the next couple of days before we make a decision.

Hopefully in the next couple of days we will have a much more exciting update to post but until then...have a great weekend everyone! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment