Tuesday, July 21, 2009

39 weeks...my last picture?


It's been another slow week for Kevin and me. Last Tuesday the doctor appointment went well but there wasn't anything too exciting to report. He said I was "thinning" but that was about all as far as bodily changes. He also said he would be out of the office all this week but would return on Friday, his on call day. He offered an induction starting Thursday night so we would have the baby on Friday but we are turning him down. I really want to have a natural birth with no pain medications and agreeing to an induction is pretty much setting myself up for failure. My next appointment is tomorrow and we will be seeing a different doctor which will be a little weird. We are going to go over a few things that we would like to have done differently than most people so I am a little nervous about what they are going to say.

On Friday we met with our doula! If you don't know what that is, google it and you can get a better description than I can give but it's pretty much a labor coach. Every woman she has worked with so far who wanted to have a natural birth was successful! I hope I'm not her first failure, haha! She is on call for us 24/7 from now until the time the baby is born. When I go into labor we will call her and she'll come to our house and help us get through it, then she'll come with us to the hospital and be there until an hour or two after the birth. I think it will be really great to have her knowledge and support since we are so far away from all of our friends and family. She has worked with this hospital and the doctors there before so she really knows what to expect and how to make sure that our wishes are met.

On Friday morning Kevin hurt his knee playing frisbee so we have been taking it pretty easy since then. We are a pretty sad sight these days with both of us waddling and hobbling along. He talked me into buying him a cane so it has been pretty funny watching him use it around the house. Saturday he went to a wood shop class in the morning. We are hoping he can become pretty good so he can build things for the new house. Sunday we finished up all of the last minute shopping we had to do for the baby. After that we met with the owner of the house we are buying to go over how to take care of the pool and a few other things around the house. We are SO ready to move in! It can't come soon enough.

My Mom and Jack are coming into town on Saturday and staying for a week and Kevin's parents will be here next Friday to stay into the middle of the next week. It will be so nice to have company around to liven this place up. At this point all we are really doing is sitting and waiting. I guess we should enjoy the peace now before things really get busy. I have a feeling that once the baby is here time is going to start flying by!

No comments:

Post a Comment