Friday, February 5, 2010

She eats solids!

Kerriann had her first taste of "solid food" on January 24, 2010!  We started out with rice cereal, because that is what the "experts" these days recommend... and she HATED it!  She shivered and spit it all out.  I continued trying the cereal for 3 days because that is the length of time they want you to offer it to rule out allergies, but I could barely get her to eat it.  After 3 days, we tried carrots which she also didn't seem to be a fan of.  The first day she barely ate any, but the second day she did get in a few bites.  She started to develop a rash of little red bumps, so I decided to hold off on the solids until we saw her pediatrition for her 6 month check-up (we decided to ditch the army doctors and go back to the guy we have trusted since the beginning!).  He said that we should wait a few weeks before giving her carrots again and then see if she still gets a rash from them.  Until then just work on green veggies and then move to fruits.  I offered green beans last night and she LOVED them!  I put 3 heaping baby spoonfuls into a container and mixed in a little water to thin them and she ate it all and was back for seconds... so I added 2 more spoonfuls.  I think she would have kept eating but I didn't want to give her too much right before bed.  This morning she ate them again and loved each and every bite.  I can't wait to feed her again at dinner time.  Dr. Brown wants her eating 1 jar of veggies and 1 jar of fruits every day.  We are going to gradually work our way up to that over the next few weeks.  Below are a few pictures of her eating the carrots:
What is this thing?
Hmm... not sure how I feel about this stuff
 
Alright mom... I'll give it a shot!
Yay for solid food!

No comments:

Post a Comment