Friday, December 4, 2009

Happy 4 months Kerriann!

Kerriann celebrated her 4 month birthday on December 3!  It seems like I was just writing her 3 month update last week. 
Over the past month Kerriann has developed such a personality, as I'm sure you can see in her pictures.  With each day she acts more and more like a little person.  She smiles constantly... even in the middle of the night when she SHOULD be sleeping!  She also coos and 'screams' at her toys.  When I sing or she hears music, she tries to sing along and it's the cutest thing!  Hopefully I can figure out how to upload videos soon so you can see firsthand. 
It's been about a month now since we started the bath, snack, rocking, bedtime routine and I'm not sure if I can honestly say that it has helped.  It has helped us to get her to bed at the same time every night (7pm central time), but it has not helped her to stay asleep longer.  She is still very inconsistent and wakes anywhere between 1 and 5 times a night to eat or play.  I do enjoy knowing exactly when she will be going to bed each night and for that I am thankful for the routine.  She really loves bath time now too.  One of her favorites toys these days is her pink rubber ducky (pictures in a previous post). 
Kerriann's day time sleep habits are also inconsistent.  Most days she takes 2-3 30 min. naps and it takes me around 30 min. to get her settled down for one of these.  Sometimes I have to rock her, sometimes I have to nurse her, and every now and then I am able to just lay her down and she will fall asleep to the sounds of the music playing on her baby monitor.  You never know how it is going to turn out... she keeps it exciting every day.  I have noticed that if I lay her down in a quiet room at the first signs of sleepiness (a yawn or rub of the eyes) she does much better and will fall asleep pretty easily.  It's just hard to always catch those signs, especially if we have company or if we're out somewhere.  I'm sure that this will get easier with time. 
Overall the past month has been our best one yet.  It has been hard with Kevin being in class all day, then studying all night and during the days on the weekends... but I think that we are all learning to adjust and it is getting easier every day.  It was so fun having Kerriann around for Thanksgiving this year and I can't wait for the 3 of us to enjoy many more Thanksgiving holidays together.
Happy 4 months Kerriann!  We love you!

 
 
 
 

(she never holds still and she would not stop rolling over when I put her on her tummy...haha!  this is her mid-roll)

1 comment:

  1. She is such a cutie!

    I'm sorry her nightime sleep isn't getting much better. When she wakes to play, does she cry? AS long as Payton isn't crying I leave her be. She then will fall back asleep on her own.

    I'm sure it will get better! I bet sooner rather than later she will start having better sleep!

    ReplyDelete