Thursday, November 5, 2009

3 months updates

Kerriann was 3 months old on Tuesday.  Time has flown by since she was born, yet it feels like she has been here forever.  She really is turning into a wonderful baby and gets more beautiful every day (if that's possible).  There are things that I already miss...like her being a tiny, sleepy newborn, but I look forward to all of her changes at the same time. 

As a lot of you know, she has had a hard time dealing with reflux and is very fussy at times.  As time goes on, her reflux gets better and she is happier for a greater part of the day.  This makes things easier on all of us, and I don't feel bad for wishing that she would grow up a little bit faster because of it.  I just hope that time will stop in a couple of months when her reflux is (hopefully) gone.  Before she was on medication she really wasn't happy laying flat on the floor and playing.  Now she can lay on her play mat and play with the toys hanging above her and you can tell she really enjoys it. 

Kerriann is also starting to tolerate being on her tummy for longer periods of time.  Each day I roll her to her tummy more and more and you can see huge improvements in her neck and head control.  Every time we go out we have to add an extra 30 min to our trip just to accomodate for all of the strangers stopping to tell us how alert, strong, and beautiful she is :).  She has never been one of those sleepy babies you see snoozing away in their infant seat.  She HATES being in her seat and wants to be in the carrier facing out so she can take in all of her surroundings. 

As you can see from the pictures, Kerriann is a pro at smiling these days.  She has only giggled a few times, but she smiles so big that you know her days of laughing are quickly approaching.  The thing that makes her smile the most is her octopus toy...and even when she's in the worst mood Mr. Octopus can get a little grin out of her.  She has also gotten better at having conversations with us and her stuffed animal friends.  I will try to post videos soon.  It's so cute when she tries to talk!  I just wish we knew what she was saying.

The only thing that I have to report that has gotten worse is her sleep habits.  Where we were getting 10 hour stretches some nights, now we are barely getting 3.  Maybe it is a very long growth spurt...I don't know.  I just hope she goes back to her old ways soon.  Mommy needs sleep (in increments longer than 2 1/2 hours)!  We have finally gotten her into a bedtime routine and I'm hoping that this will eventually lead to longer sleep stretches.  Each night we give her a bath at 7pm, followed by her medicine and then a bedtime snack.  She is usually out like a light after that (well...for a couple hours at least).

Kevin officially started flight school today.  For him this means devoting his life to studying.  For me this means being on baby duty 24/7.  I hope that he turns out to be a natural so that he is still able to spend some time with us on the weekends.  If not I guess we will catch up with him in a few months ;).  The portion that he is starting right now will run about 5 months (with a 2 week break at Christmas), and then he should have a break for a few months in the summer.  He will have to write an update soon going into more detail about what he is doing.

One more thing...I'm not sure if I have posted about this or not, but my Uncle David (my mom's younger brother) received a kidney transplant at the beginning of September and has been in the ICU dealing with complications for the past few weeks.  He is a little better as of today and will be moved to a new hospital in Austin where he has been living with his family for the past few years.  This is GREAT news, but he still has a very long journey ahead of him and I as well as the rest of my family would really appreciate all of the prayers that we can get. Thanks in advance!

Well...I think that is all for now :).  Below are a few pictures that I took of Kerriann on her 3 month birthday!

Look how high I can hold my head now!

I can even look at the camera!

3 month photoshoot

 
 

2 comments:

  1. Aww, she is absolutely beautiful!
    In time she will learn to sleep better...and I hope BOTH of our LO's outgrow reflux soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is so beautiful!!! I love her pictures!

    ReplyDelete