Wednesday, June 23, 2010

SPLASH!

Right after our trip home for the holiday season ended, I told myself that I HAD to get out and make some good friends in Alabama.  I had just been a hermit for far too long.  Kerriann was turning 6 months old and I finally felt like I was getting enough sleep at night to be semi-social.  I've probably talked about this before, but I started taking Kerriann to a weekly "Mommy and Me" playgroup at Fort Rucker.  Our first week we met another mom, Katie, and her daughter Madison.  Madison is exactly 3 months older than Kerriann, born May 3 of last year (which reminds me, I still need to post pictures of her first birthday party!).

Anyways, over the past few months Katie and I have become pretty close, and I'm sad to say that she and her husband will be relocating to Ft. Hood, Texas at the end of July.  I'm not going to get all emotional about it right now, but I just wanted to give the background of the little girl in these pictures!

A few weeks ago Kevin and I along with Katie and her husband Chris took the girls to the Splash! Zone water park at Ft. Rucker.  It's a little water park that has a restaurant and bar attached to it.  It's really nice, and if I get any visitors this summer I'll be sure to take them there ;).  Here are some pictures of Kerriann and Maddie soaking up the sun!







No comments:

Post a Comment